Middlesbrough Muslim Grooming Case: How Big Is The Iceberg?
Posted by kafircrusaders
Following up on the Middlesbrough grooming case which i posted about last week. 3 Muslim paedophiles have been found guilty of abusing 6 schoolgirls including the taxi driver who was in denial. Worryingly it has been suggested the scale of the problem in the area is much bigger with as many as 120 girls identified as at risk from Muslim rape jihadists.
Middlesbrough grooming case: How big is the iceberg?
By Andrew GloverBBC News
Offers of takeaway food, drugs and free lifts.
Hundreds of messages via Facebook and BlackBerry Messenger.
All were ingredients in what has been branded “the big con” used to persuade underage girls to allow older men to take advantage of them in Middlesbrough.
‘Sick to the stomach’
The mother of one of the 14-year-old victims in the Middlesbrough grooming case told BBC News how it affected her life.
“I felt sick to the stomach that a grown man had had sexual intercourse with my baby – at the end of the day she’s only a child.
“You could tell she was a child and he knew she was a child. I felt physically sick, so much so that I stopped going to bed and started sleeping in my living room.
“I’m still sleeping there now. I lock my door on a night and I sleep in the living room.
“If anyone tries to get into my house the first person they will be greeted with is me so I know my child is safe, she’s upstairs away from it all and she can’t get out either.
“It’s turned my life upside down, I don’t trust anybody anymore.”
Another man, Sakib Ahmed, 19, admitted his part in the abuse that saw victims “targeted” for sex.
The group were described by prosecutors as “loosely connected” while some of their victims were also known to each other.
Following the trial, which heard evidence in relation to seven alleged victims, experts have conceded the extent of the grooming problem is difficult to measure.
Cleveland Police confirmed it has a number of “live investigations” and the charity Barnado’s is aware of at least 160 girls, some as young as 12, currently at risk.
Wendy Shepherd, the charity’s children’s service manager in the North East, said: “There are over 160 people that we’re working with and we’re aware of across Teesside.
“This is not one-off sexual abuse of a child within a family, we’re talking about groups of men who abuse young teenage girls.”
Ms Shepherd said one of the “great problems” is that victims do not realise what is happening to them until it is too late.
“They don’t see the grooming,” she said.
“They don’t see the huge con to get them to have sex with many people at the will of the man that has become their boyfriend.
“They really want to believe in the goodness that actually he wouldn’t really treat me that way, he wouldn’t want to harm me.”
Mark Braithwaite, chair of the Middlesbrough Safeguarding Children Board, said it was difficult to judge the extent of the problem because many of those involved often “didn’t see themselves as victims”.
“Some people, often for the first time in their lives, have received some affection, or what’s perceived as being affection, they’ve been showered with gifts, perhaps mobile phones, drink and drugs in many cases.
“The exploitation starts right at the outset and it’s perhaps not until much further down the journey that some of these victims realise that they’ve been exploited.”
Mr Braithwaite acknowledged that although some of the victims were from the same school, grooming on Teesside was far from isolated.
“It is a bigger problem. Not just here in Middlesbrough but elsewhere in the country.
“The difficulty is, how do you assess how big the iceberg is and are you dealing with the tip of the iceberg?
“One thing I’m sure of is that the more proactively you go looking for it, you will find it.
“Any area that says it hasn’t got a problem is naïve and isn’t looking hard enough.”
- Middlesbrough Muslim Grooming Case: How Big Is The Iceberg?
- Middlesbrough Muslim Grooming Trial : Taxi Driver Denies Sex With Victim, 13
- Oxfordshire Rape Jihad: Tilal Mahdi Charged With Child Sexual Exploitation
- 2nd Rochdale Grooming Gang, 5 Found Guilty Of Sexualy Abusing White Schoolgirl In Hush-Hush Trial
- Pervert Bolton Taxi Driver Loses Licence After Improper Behaviour Towards 13yr old Passenger
- Another 2 Charged By Police In Bristol Grooming Gang Investigation.
- Muslim Grooming Gang From Peterborough Abused Vulnerable Schoolgirls
- Was Charlene Downes sexually abused by up to 100 men before being murdered by Muslims and chopped up for kebab meat? Police reopen case of missing girl 10 years on
- #RapeJihad in West London
- Arrest number 6 for Bristols Muslim Grooming Gang
- Do you know what your children are doing on Facebook? Parents warned after three men are convicted of grooming girls as young as 13 for sex (dailymail.co.uk)
- Shakil Munir/Sakib Ahmed/Ateeq Latif – Middlesbrough (ukpaedos-exposed.com)
- 3 men convicted of grooming girls on Facebook for sex (dailymail.co.uk)
- Operation Bullfinch Oxford Child Grooming Report Released (cathyfox.wordpress.com)
- Muslim Grooming (Rape) Gangs and Sharia (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Grooming Gangs and Sharia (americanthinker.com)